SendReceipt can manage one or more tax localities to be used when creating a receipt.
Tax is calculated when the desired locality is selected for a Free-Form receipt, or by line for an Itemized receipt.
To manage tax localities:
- Log in with an administrator account
- In the left menu, click Administration
- Click Tax Localities
To create a new locality:
- Click New Locality
- Enter the name for the locality or tax
- Enter the rate as a decimal. i.e. 6.75% should be set to .0675
- Click Save
To change a locality:
- Select a locality and click Edit
- Make the desired changes and click Save
Note that changing the tax rate does not affect previously created receipts.
To delete a locality:
- Select a locality and click Delete
- Confirm that you want to remove it
Note that you can change the status of a locality to Inactive to prevent it from appearing a choice in the tax drop-down menu. Deleting a locality does not affect previously created receipts.